It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these…
Bitterroot Shawl in Magenta
This still isn’t happening…I strongly believe that this yarn doesn’t yet know what it wants to become.
Bitterroot Shawl in Plum
This project is done! It’s been given to Sandy to take back to England for her mam. When I finished it,while I think it’s very lovely,the plum color just wasn’t “me”…Sandy has promised to send photos of her mam modeling it;thus photos at a future date…
Nick’s Antique Gansey
I was able to get quite a bit done on this since my last “On My Needles.”Don’t know when it will be completed as my mind is churning with ideas for sweaters &shrugs &tc for ME –that’s what happens if Nick takes me to the malls and I see then new fall clothes.
Done These came out beautifully.
- Needles:Addi Turbo US#0 2.0mm
- Yarn:Sensations Bamboo &Ewe pattern Grey/Green
- Pattern: Rivulet Socks from Wendy Knits
This didn’t work out with the yarn and the needles —I’ll post more on what it did work out to be in the coming weeks. As a teaser —here’s what it is in the unblocked state.
- Needles:Addi Turbos 2.5mm
- Yarn:Patons Kroy Socks Jacquard in Tangerine Jacquard —LOVE working with this yarn for simple self-stripping socks
- Pattern:Wendy Knits “Toe Up Socks with a Difference” with a change to smaller sized needle (2.25mm) for the heel turn &flap
Lastly,some of my ideas for ME…(any opinions?)
- From berroco.com –in order of preference,not likely to use the exact yarns they suggest
- From LionBrand.com –no particular order,likely to use their yarns
- From knitty.com –no particular order